Literary Tag

Now, I don't go in for tags in general, as I told Merriette, but since this one was literary I thought I would give it a go. It was created by Mandy, not me, myself, or I.

1. What is your favorite book?

Difficult question, as I have a great many books that I am fond of. I would say that The Knowledge of the Holy is my favourite nonfiction work, and either Till We Have Faces (C.S. Lewis) or Ben-Hur (Lew Wallace) is my second favourite.

2. What is your favorite character in that book and why?

The Knowledge of the Holy doesn't have an actual character, so that doesn't pertain. In Till We Have Faces I love all the characters - Psyche for her purity and beauty, Orual for her human struggles. In Ben-Hur, Judah is my favourite.

3. If you could spend a day as a character in the book who would it be and why?

Certainly Psyche in Till We Have Faces, as she was the god of the mountain's bride, and probably Esther in Ben-Hur because of her faith.

4. Would you rather read Pride and Prejudice or Little Women?

Pride and Prejudice, hands down; I like the latter, but Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy hold a special place in my heart.

5. Where is your favorite place to read a good book?

In bed, just before lights-out. It's the most peaceful time and place.


There. Now, perhaps tomorrow I'll have time to write a longer and more thoughtful post. Thanks for the tag, Merriette!

4 comments:

Jessica Greyson said...

Oh this was fun to read your answers. Thank you for the thoughtful comment you left on my blog I really appreciate it. I love the name of your blog it is really beautiful and thought provoking.
Have a wonderful day!
Jessica

Abigail Hartman said...

Oh, thanks for taking the time to come and take a look around! I found your own answers very interesting; it's nice to see what other people read.

Rael said...

Til We Have Faces is amazing! Quite one of the strangest, but also somehow one of most spiritually encouraging books I have ever read. Orual's change in perspective is wonderful towards the end.

I have never read Knowledge of the Holy (I'll have to try that one sometime), and I've only read Ben Hur once, ages ago. There's always more good stuff to read and re-read!

Abigail Hartman said...

Oh! Oh! Someone else who thinks Till We Have Faces is wonderful! It's so hard to find someone who thinks that. Did you know it was Lewis' last and favourite novel? It's incredibly deep and can be very, very thought-provoking, if you're willing to dig for the meaning.

Knowledge of the Holy is a beautiful book - but I gushed over it sufficiently on my "What I Read" page, so I won't do it all over again here.

Beg pardon, but are you a member of The Lion's Call? There was a girl I knew on that site whose screename was Arael, which is why I wondered. I haven't seen her in ages, though.

Post a Comment